Sefton Council uses reasonable efforts to include and up-date information on this Website, it does not however, make any representation as to its accuracy or completeness. Sefton Council will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within these pages.
Our aim is to provide information about our services, facilitate access to those services and provide information about other local services.
In order to fulfil our aim and provide a comprehensive service, it is sometimes necessary to link to other complimentary sites. These can easily be identified, as they do not carry the Sefton logo. They are provided purely for your convenience, and do not imply that Sefton Council endorses or supports those organisations, the information on their pages, or their products or services in any way.
In order to improve the Council's network resilience, it is often necessary for essential network maintenance to be carried out. As a result, certain parts of the site may be unavailable for short periods of time until the work is completed. Sefton Council apologises for any inconvenience caused by this maintenance work but is unable to provide users with advance warning.
If you discover any information on our pages that you believe to be inaccurate or inappropriate, please contact us.
Data Protection Policy
Sefton Council is committed to maintaining your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction.
In order to respect your privacy, we manage personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act's eight 'Data Protection Principles':
- Your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Your personal data will be obtained only for specified purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that those purposes.
- Your personal data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Your personal data will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary for those purposes.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Your personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection
For more detailed information on the Data Protection Act 1998 visit the Information Commissioner's website.